Some of the most common questions our team receives around budget time is regarding website hosting. Many people understand that hosting is important for their website, but what they don’t understand is why choosing the right host makes a world of difference.
Hosting, simply, is a server that allows someone or a business to create and maintain a website to be available on the World Wide Web. This hosting server can be shared with other websites, or it can be a dedicated host, which is one website per server.
Not all web hosting providers are built the same. In order to ensure that your website is running as efficiently as it can be, you want to consider these items when choosing a host:
1. Reliability– This is one of the most important items. You get what you pay for. Often times many of the bargain hosting companies don’t have live support when your site goes down and you need assistance. Website downtimes with a better host are minimal- often times less than 2%, as is with Ciniva.
2. Improved Site Performance– Simply put, better hosting can mean a faster site, which can also improve your SERP for your site. Older or slower hosting can slow your site down, which can directly impact your rankings on search engines. Saving a few dollars in the short term may hurt you in the long term by going with a discount host.
3. Site Protection– Having a secure host allows your site to have an extra layer of protection from hackers, malware, DDoS attacks and more. Choosing the right host can save you thousands in costs to remove malware and to fix your website once a hacker has gained access.
4. Data Management– With discount web hosts, you are limited as to what you can do with your website, as far as layout and features. By choosing a more personalized host, your options are not so limited and you can offer more to your website visitors.
5. More Bandwidth– In simpler terms, more availability to have additional visitors to your website. Limited bandwidth only allows for a certain amount of people to visit your site at a given time. Having additional bandwidth will allow for those spurts of additional visitors to complete transactions or to learn more about your business.
Annual costs for hosting are something that is part of the cost of doing business, but be sure that your investment in your site’s hosting plan is to your benefit.
Ciniva offers various hosting plans for all client needs. Give us a shout to learn more about our customizable hosting plans for your business and the benefits of hosting with us. Call 757-499-1990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.